Capital One Accounting Solutions, P.A. - Financial freedom at your fingertips!

Recent Posts

What's New for 2013?
Need Extra Time to Complete Your Tax Return? File an Extension
Tips for Taxpayers with Foreign Income
Check your Eligibility for EITC
Identity Theft Crackdown Sweeps Across the Nation


Tax information
Tax Information for 2013
powered by

My Blog

Do I Need to File a Tax Return This Year

You are required to file a federal income tax return if your income is above a certain level, which varies depending on your filing status, age and the type of income you receive. However, the Internal Revenue Service reminds taxpayers that some people should file even if they aren't required to because they may get a refund if they had taxes withheld or they may qualify for refundable credits.
To find out if you need to file, contact Joanel Kellman at 954.612.1591 to set up a free consultation. Even if you don't have to file for 2011, here are six reasons why you may want to:
  1. Federal Income tax Withheld - You should file to get money back if your employer withheld federal income tax from your pay, you made estimated tax payments, or had a prior year overpayment applied to this year's tax.
  2. Earned Income Tax Credit - You may qualify for EITC if you worked, but did not earn a lot of money. EITC is a refundable tax credit; which means you could qualify for a tax refund. To get the credit you must file a return and claim it.
  3. Additional Child Tax Credit - This refundable credit may be available if you have at least one qualifying child and you did not get the full amount of the Child Tax Credit.
  4. American Opportunity Credit - Students in their first four years of postsecondary education may qualify for as much as $2,500 through this credit. Forty percent of the credit is refundable so even those who owe no tax can get up to $1,000 of the credit as cash back for each eligible child.
  5. Adoption Credit - You may be able to claim a refundable tax credit for qualified expenses you paid to adopt an eligible child.
  6. Health Coverage Tax Credit - Certain individuals who are receiving Trade Adjustment Assistance, Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance, Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance or pension benefit payments from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, may be eligible for a 2011 Health Coverage Tax Credit.
         Eligible individuals can claim a significant portion of their payments made for qualified health    
         insurace premiums.

13 Comments to Do I Need to File a Tax Return This Year:

Comments RSS
Fake Tag Heuer Professional on Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:35 AM
Welcome to purchase your dream Fake Tag Heuer Professional online, we offer all kinds of watch replicas. Buy replicas by Paypal, Visa/Master card, JCB, American express, Western Union and Bank Transfer.
Reply to comment

lijiang river guilin on Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:22 AM
It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
Reply to comment

cairnsjudo on Monday, May 20, 2013 8:15 PM
I have learn several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you put to create such a fantastic informative site.
Reply to comment

replica rolex on Friday, June 07, 2013 1:42 AM
this in wrist table industry in is does not more see of, today I to everyone brings of is labour s table fans were loves of "labour s submersible who calendar type series 116610LV green disc wrist table", this paragraph wrist table is table fans were kind of called "green ghost".
Reply to comment

cheap chanel replica on Friday, June 07, 2013 1:43 AM
Rolex submersible 116610LV wristwatch profile:
Reply to comment

replica watches on Friday, June 07, 2013 1:43 AM
This Rolex watches the submersible used by Switzerland Observatory certified movement along with Paraflex shock absorption device.
Reply to comment

Replica Watches on Monday, September 09, 2013 7:20 AM
If you use a paid tax preparer to file your return this year, the IRS urges you to choose that preparer wisely. Even if a return is prepared by someone else
Reply to comment

Free Commodity Tips on Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:04 AM
If you use a paid tax preparer to file your return this year, the IRS urges you to choose that preparer wisely. Even if a return is prepared by someone else
Reply to comment

Intraday Stock Tips on Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:21 AM
THis is a good time to get the return the tax makes a better approach for the good in build status.
Reply to comment

Madison Gray on Friday, September 11, 2015 12:38 PM
yet what can My spouse and i claim? My spouse and i delay doing things a lot in addition to certainly not may actually acquire one thing performed.
Reply to comment

MCX HNI Tips on Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:30 AM
Interesting post I got here about tax
Reply to comment

Free Intraday Tips on Friday, February 17, 2017 3:19 AM
Interesting facts I got here related tax return
Reply to comment

Stock Cash Premium on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:11 AM
A unique post I read here related to tax
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment